newsletters

Re: Newsletter Photo Quality

To: LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: Newsletter Photo Quality
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 1996 14:32:09 -0500
Bob-

I am the editor of THE SPOKES which is the newsletter for the Richmond (VA)
Triumph Register (150 newsletters). I too produce in Quark Express on a Mac.
I used to scan in all of the photos and doctor them with photoshop, but like
with your results were dark and didn't copy well. Talk about the time
involved too. About two years ago (I have been editing since early1993) I
found a old time photo screening company. They take our photos and can even
enlarge, or reduce the sizes to my needs. I know this is an old process, but
the results are excellent. I then can cut and paste on the originals and any
copy shop can create a good result.

Keep on editing, its too cold to drive 'em;
Ken Nachman
Richmond Triumph Register
1957 TR3
1974 TR6