newsletters

CACC Editor

To: newsletters@autox.team.net
Subject: CACC Editor
From: Farzaan Kassam <fkassam@direct.ca>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 1996 13:36:00 -0700
Just wanted to mention that I am now the magazine Editor for the
Confederation of Autosport Car Clubs (CACC).  I was previously the
newsletter Editor for the Vancouver Chinese Motorsport Car Club
(VCMC).  When I switched over to the CACC magazine, I changed the
format from 8.5 x 11 to a 8.5x14 folded and it looks wonderful now.

I used to have a folded 8.5x11 format for the VCMC newsletter and
really found it limited the picture detail and the ability to lay
characters on pictures.  The front page was always rather bland.
Now, I can lay huge pictures across the front and put large text,
it really made a big difference.

I am using Aldus Pagemaker 5.0 on a Pentium 166 w/32mb of ram.
The biggest change made from going from the VCMC to the CACC
magazine was an increase of ram in the printer to 6mb from 2mb.
This allows me to print full graphic 8.5x14 pages.

I will be upgrading to Aldus Pagemaker 6.0 soon and will report
if it's worth it.  For graphics, I run Corel Draw 6.0 along with
Photopaint 6.0.

Farzaan.
1989 Porsche 944 Turbo S.
Burnaby, B.C. Canada.