newsletters

Re: CACC Editor

To: CBrown1500@aol.com
Subject: Re: CACC Editor
From: Farzaan Kassam <fkassam@direct.ca>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 1996 14:44:33 -0700
>I'm running our club's newsletter (Capital Triumph Register) through PM5
>also. The problem I'm having is handling the halftones for the photos. Our
>printing run is less than 200. so I'm restricted to using a good quality
>Xerox from Kinko's - offset press work is outside the budget. I started out
>using home-made 85 dpi halftones from my darkroom. I'm now go to a service
>bureau with a single PM5 page file with just the photos for the current

I just upgraded yesterday to PM6.  It runs smoother, has more features,
more image editing features, long filenames (yah!!!!), but it's a hog.

>My question is, what are you using for output? Have you got a 600 or 1200 dpi
>laser? I'm thinking about going to a Epson Stylus Pro for its 720 dpi output.
>Drop me a line and let me know how you're outputing you're final galleys.
>OBTW, are you using Xerox or offset?

I use a Brother HL660 laser printer.  It's 600dpi and works wonderful.

If any of you guys want a copy of the magazine, let me know and I'll
stick you on the mailing list.  I am gonna' get funky on the next issue
so it should be interesting.

>I'm also thinking about PM6 upgrade. Looking forward to your review.

I will be working on the next issue this Saturday, so I'll have more
info for you next week.

Farzaan.