newsletters

FW: Submitting (no XXX content)

To: newsletters
Subject: FW: Submitting (no XXX content)
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 16:52:53 -0600 (MDT)
[BOUNCE newsletters@autox.team.net:    Non-member submission from ["Joe
Laurito" <TRGLORY@classic.msn.com>]]

     Date: Thu, 25 Sep 97 01:57:59 UT
     From: "Joe Laurito" <TRGLORY@classic.msn.com>
     Subject: Submitting (no XXX content)

This responds to John Blair's message (among others).

Hi John;

I have some fine print in my newsletter about how to submit articles, but my
experience is about the same as Bob's. If you would be so gracious as to post
you article to this mail list with permission to print, I'm sure a lot of us
grinders will be in your debt.

Also, as a follow-up to Barb's comments, I got an OCR bundled with my scanner
(Recognita Plus), but it is so-so. At work I have Caere OmniPage which reads
just about anything. If you have a few bucks (I don't) that's a good one to
get.

About pay for play - I do the newsletters for a flat fee -- zero. I bought my
own hardware and software; have no idea what I'll do with MS Publisher and the
flatbed scanner when (if ever) I retire. I take the pictures and develop them
at my cost - I figure I'd do that anyway. The club pays for copying and
stamps, and I (sometimes with help, sometimes just me & Michele) do the
collating, folding, stapling and mutilating.

But it's all worth it when I run into somebody that says "Hey man, I liked the
newsletter this month!" Indeed, a successful newsletter editor needs to be
motivated by very small things.

Joe Laurito, Editor
CPTC Triumph News
TRglory@msn.com