newsletters

Re: OCR's

To: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Subject: Re: OCR's
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 12:05:28 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

Why don't you post the letter to this list? Or, even better, if you have
a Web page or something like that - post the URL to this list.

Strange as it may seem, many professional publications have a small-print
section that describes how to submit material. Our newsletter (most
certainly an amateur publication) has a paragraph or two that appears on
the inside front page every month that decsribes the process. Every time a
new member wants to submit something, they call and ask and I tell them. I
then point out that the steps required to submit are in the newsletter. I
usually get a response something like: oh yah! look at that.

Comment: this is a good time of the year (for us in the northern
latitudes) to run an article on "how-to"  submit an article. That way,
your members will be sending things in during the winter "non-driving"
months when material is so scarce.

regards,
rml
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |