[Nobbc] January 12th tour

To: nobbc@autox.team.net
Subject: [Nobbc] January 12th tour
From: Ron Engelhardt <nobbc@sonic.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 18:41:30 -0800
Andy has asked me to forward the itinerary for our joint ride with the
WCCC on the 12th. His email address is andypreston@sbcglobal.net should
you have any inquiries. Please note that the starting place, time and
format are different than a typical Nobbc ride.

Ron
58 MGA

Wine Country Car Club January Tour

January 12th, 2008

We hope you can join us for the WCCC's second tour. We will be meeting
at the Doubletree Hotel located off Golf Course Drive, at 1 Double Tree
Drive in Rohnert Park at 9:00 for a 9:30 departure. There is Starbuck's
coffee and bathrooms available in the hotel.

Our route will take us over Crane Canyon through Glen Ellen and then
over Trinity Road which boasts one of the most breathtaking views in the
area as you descend into the Napa Valley.

Our first stop will be at the V Marketplace 1870 in Yountville for a
30-45 minute break. The 137 year old marketplace (originally the
Groezinger Winery) offers upscale specialty shops, galleries,
restaurants and most importantly, bathrooms!

We will continue our tour along the Silverado Trail which was
established in 1852 and passes by more than 35 wineries. We will then
branch off and tour through Pope's Valley which was named after Julian
Pope, one of the first settlers. Our journey will take us through
Angwin, which is home to a large community of Seventh-day Adventists who
founded the Pacific College in 1882.

Our lunch destination will be in Calistoga at Brannon's Grill located at
1374 Lincoln Avenue. Please R.SV.P for lunch to Marla Preston,
marlapreston@hotmail.com or (707) 795-3480 by January 10th. As usual,
please have small denomination bills. Thanks!

For those who want to continue the tour after lunch, we well be making a
stop for wine tasting at Matanzas Creek Winery, 6097 Bennett Valley
Road. They have marvelous wines and lavender products. Basic tasting fee
is $5.00 which can be applied toward any wine purchase.

Hope to see you then!!!!