Re: [NOBBC] MG Stuff….

To: North Bay British Car Club <nobbc@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [NOBBC] MG Stuff….
From: "G. Mugele" <mewgull@sonic.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 11:55:17 -0700
I sent your info to Greg Harwood the Land Rover guy. along with a note
asking what he wants to do.  I know that he's taken on more than he has time
for but I'm sure he'll work his way through all that crap eventually.

I did spot something in the mess that, to me,  looks like an MGC bonnet.
check photo #57.  Isn't that from an "C"?
And weren't most of the MGCs the GTs?    I don't think I saw many convertibles
back then.

Yeah I've been amazed at what has happened to the price of Giuliettas.
especially the Sprint Speciales .. geez.  I always preferred the slightly
newer ones for some of the minor detail improvements and for the 5-speed and
. well. I think I prefer the 1600 engine.   As it is none of 'em are
over-powered. even by anemic British Car standards.
And hey being honest here. I know it's a little shallow but really the later
bonnet with the wider scoops looks a lot cooler.

Trouble is I can't think of any good reason to get a long desired over
another Brit car, considering that I could probably get a semi decent Jag Mk
II for the price of a so-so Alfa.

Gerry
Brit car afflicted since 1961

On Oct 31, 2012, at 4:04 AM, David Cherry wrote:

> Gerry,
>
> What a find, I would be interested if there were any MGC skeletons in
> the pack.
> I think the MGC is very rare compared to most classics but goes
> unnoticed by
> most and parts are getting hard to find. Please keep us posted.
> I love my
> British cars, but if anyone ever runs across a 1952 - 1962 Alfa
> Romeo Giulietta
> Spyder please let me know. I use to have a 1961 and would
> love to have one to
> play with  again.
>

> David Cherry
> 1969 MGC convertible,
> 3.0 liter 6, 4 speed O.D., owned 30 yrs
> 1960 Jaguar MKI, 3.8 liter, 4 door
> sedan, 4 speed O.D.

G. Mugele
mewgull@mugele.net

*** Mistakes are part of the dues that one pays for a full life. -- Sophia
Loren
NOBBC@autox.team.net
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive