Re: [oletrucks] 1958 Apache 36 Wheels

To: "Tom Kurtz" <tomk@purdue.edu>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1958 Apache 36 Wheels
From: "Melanie S. Dickey" <mdickey@gorilla.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 22:17:38 -0500
Tom,
Either trade, loose, or trash the split rims. They are VERY dangerous to
work with. Any
of the various rim styles which use removable retainer rings under 40-60lbs
of pressure
are opportunities for unhappy events. If you insist on keeping them then
increase your
health insurance by at least four times. (You know. Loss of limbs, etc.)
Then, take them
ONLY to the big truck stops where you may find people experienced enough,
have the
necessary safety equipement, AND willing to do them properly. Don't try it
yourself.
Lonnie
PS Did I mention I've worked with them and I don't like 'em?