[oletrucks] Paint and Pate?

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Paint and Pate?
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 07:58:30 -0500
First, I want to thank everyone who responded to my earlier post and
encouraged me to paint my frame myself. The frame is being sandblasted this
weekend and I hope to paint it as soon as I get it back. This leads to my
first questions about paint.

I am going to paint the frame first with etching primer, followed by black
epoxy primer (based on Bob Adler's recommendation.) As a novice painter
using a standard paint gun (not HVLP) how much of each type of paint should
I plan on needing? Since this is my first auto painting experience, I will
probably waste a lot in overspray, etc. Second, if I get the etching primer
on over the bare metal and the frame is inside, can I go a week or two
before painting the epoxy primer and not worry about rust, etc?

Second, we (my wife and I) are going to be visiting friends in the Dallas
area the week of the 25th. Is the Pate Swap Meet worth going to and putting
up with all the whining and grief I'll get from SHMBO and our friends (:-)?
Is anybody from the list going to be at Pate?

Thanks
Jeff Nelson
Paducah, KY
1953 3600