Re: [oletrucks] Paint and Pate?

To: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Paint and Pate?
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 14:12:47 -0400
I would recommend painting the frame the same day it gets blasted, the sooner
the better. Put off having it blasted if you can't do this. The etching primer
needs to be covered within 24 hours or it will have to be sanded and done
again. Not something you want to do on a frame. A quart of each component to
make a half gallon is more than enough, probably mix only half and see how far
that takes you. You only have 7 days @ 70 degree weather to topcoat the epoxy
primer or it will have to be scuffed and reshot. Again, not something you want
to do on a frame. Many people tell you to just shoot the frame with primer and
it will look fine but primer will wash right off with solvent  (brake fluid)
even after it's cured. I would top coat it with a urethane. For epoxy primer
you will probably only need a quart of each part but it is cheaper by the
gallon and you will surely need it and more down the line. I however buy the
activator by the quart because it has a limited shelf life.
   Ask for the product info sheet when buying the paint and follow the
directions to the letter. Reading the directions after your done here can be
disastrous.

Grant 50 3100