[oletrucks] questions for my show next weekend

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, apache58truck@hotmail.com
Subject: [oletrucks] questions for my show next weekend
From: "K & B" <apache58truck@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 21:17:40 EDT
Hi this is Brian,
I got some information off my truck and this is it.

CERTIFIED NET horsepower of engine
115 at 3600 RPM (235 CU. IN. Thriftmaster)
137 at 4000 RPM (238 CU. IN.)

Color code- Paint 704A and Trim 431XV

Now my show is almost here and I wonder if someone could help me on these
questions.

1. What was the original color of the rims? It looks like mine might be
black but there are lots of paint layers.
2. Are there names for my color code numbers of  trim-431XV and paint-704A?
My truck has an original color like greenish turquoise but it is kinda
darker than regular turquoise.
3. What part is trim on my fleetside?
4. Should the inside part of my fleetside spear be a certain color? What is
it?
5.I have old reusted chains on the bed, but whare do they connect on my
tailgate?
6. My speedometer goes up to 100, but could my truck ever really go that
fast in 1959?
7. How can I get into the glovebox if the key just fits where the truck
starts and opens on the door? It is locked and the key goes in but can not
turn at all.
9. Can mt truck vin number tell where it got made? The symbols are V3E59B
and then there are just numbers.
Thank you,
Brian

K&B
Father & Son 1959 Apache Fleetside Truck Project in NJ
apache58truck@hotmail.com
Everyone asks:
Why the 58 in the e-mail address if the truck is a 59?
Our only reply:
When we bought it they told us it was a 58. When we
discovered it was really a 59... it was too late to
change the address! Plus, someday we might buy a 58 too! :-)
-