Re: [oletrucks] From manual to automatic

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] From manual to automatic
From: Banjomike@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 13:03:47 EDT
Jim:

Thanks for the information.  Hopefully I've got a good start.  When I first
bought the truck, it had a 327 engine.  When I put in the 350, I used the
bell housing and starter from the 327. The front engine mounts are on the
side.  I also have the flex plate and the torque convertor, and the
transmission was a '"rebuilt" when I bought it.

Not sure what a kick down cable is.  (Actually I'm positive I don't know what
it is).  This transmission has a vacuum connection on it, which I'm pretty
sure needs to be connected to a vacuum connection on the carbuerator.  (I'm
dancing in the dark here).  Is that the same as the kick down cable?

Thanks again.

Mike Gleeson
'55 long bed
'55 bus