Re: [oletrucks] HEI Conversion

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] HEI Conversion
From: Floyd Humphries <floydh@multiboard.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 06:35:34 -0400
>Hi All

I converted the HEI myself at home
i took many measurements of the original distributor
then i used a angle grinder with a cutoff disk to cut
off the shafts to the proper lengths, turned the gear around
and pinned it to the shaft, then i unpinned the shaft
and removed it from the HEI  veed the shafts a little bit
put it in the vise and lined everything up and welded it with my MiG
ground the shaft smooth put the gear back on, put it in my motor
and it fired up so fast it really surprised me
be very careful drilling the shaft .
Floyd  49  3100 chevy Deluxe