Re: [oletrucks] More sandblaster questions.

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] More sandblaster questions.
From: "Keith" <kvdurand@mail.esc4.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 20:22:55 -0800
Moisture will screw up sandblasting faster than any other problem. When a
compressor works hard, the air doesn't cool down and stays wet. Cheap media
also is a problem. I finally got some aluminum oxide; it is great stuff. It
lasts forever and cuts quickly. Finally, siphon blasters suck (literally).
Since it has to suck up the sand, it loses most of its punch. My pressure
blaster works at least 4 times faster than my siphon. I would see about
running a pressure blaster hose in the siphon cabinet. To make the siphon
work better as it is, make sure the pickup isn't clogged. The holes on the
bottom can get plugged with leaves or plastic. The tube also packs up with
abrasive on the side pointed up. Playsand aggravates the packing problem.