Re: [oletrucks] Hi to all

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Hi to all
From: Gordon Groves <ggroves100@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 08:07:55 -0700
Hi Leah !

How bout instead of a 350 V-8 why not just get a later 235 six ? This is
what I put in my '51 half ton and with a few hop up parts that I
installed during the re build it goes plenty fast and is way cooler
(duck!) than a 350 that everybody puts in the truck !  And more to the
point its very nearly a straight bolt in and you can use the original
tranny and axles . You can up grade those later as you and/or your
budget see fit . Im going to install some headers on my six and a duel
carb intake manifold(both original 50's Fenton stuff not repro's !) this
fall and that will give me a little more grunt as well

That's my two cents anyway , Note: No 350's were harmed during the
writing of this E mail and the author wishes no hard feelings to
champions of this fine engine! Wait till I get my '73 nova now that's a
car that NEED's a 350 !

Gordon Groves
'51 1/2 ton three window
'54 IHC Travelall