Re: [oletrucks] 6 Bolt Disk Brake Rotors

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 6 Bolt Disk Brake Rotors
From: CyrusR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 08:35:09 EST
In a message dated 3/11/01 5:39:49 PM Central Standard Time,
kinghorn@granite.mb.ca writes:

> I noticed the other day a late model Chev Van with 6 Bolt wheels and disk
> brakes.  Is anyone aware of a disk brake conversion kit that will use these
> rotors?  I am currently still running the original drum brakes on my 52 Chev
> pick up and would really like to convert to front disks but yet retain the
> six bolt wheels.
>
> I have touched base with some of the supplier's of parts for our trucks and
> have found that the conversion kits currently available are for 5 bolt
> wheels.
>
> Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Mac,
I bought a six lug disc brake conversion kit for my '57 from Pat Crusse.  I
haven't driven the truck yet (the body's not on the frame yet), but it looks
like a top quality kit.  You might want to contact him for details:

 <A HREF="http://www.crussenclassics.com/about.htm";>Crusse Disc Brake
Conversion Kits - 6 Lug Disc Brake Conversion Kits for
1948-1970 Chevy-GMC Truck Brakes</A>

I'm not affiliated, just a satisfied customer.

Randy Underwood, CyrusR@aol.com
Northwest Arkansas
'57 Chevy 1/2 ton, Wraparound back glass, V-8, auto, power steering, in
pieces on the floor!