Re: [oletrucks] 60 chevy question

To: "Truck Guy" <chevy620@juno.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 60 chevy question
From: "Gary L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 01:53:37 -0500
As far as I know... the six and four in the S-10 have entirely diff
bellhouse pattern than the usual small-block or six. It also only  has the
One-piece bellhouse/trans case for it. NOW, the V-6 4.3 will have the
regular pattern and fit same bellhouse as six. 2.8's aren't a good engine
anyway, bottom ends go out on them often. Just noticed in re-reading you
have a 60, that means the stovebolt six and not the 250 six so what I said
does not apply. You will need to put in V-8 style xmember and mount trans on
tail and remove the bellhouse and maybe the x-member for it too to put in
later engines. Might as well drop in a V-8 for all the trouble. If you had
the 63up truck it would be peice of cake. Not so with the older models. When
buying engine, I reccommend getting the trans and all attachments with it OR
whole vehicle to get all needed parts from. You can go Bonkers trying to
find all the right little pces needed to make something fit sometimes.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
AD COE's in process
GMC Tilt -cab flatbed