Re: [oletrucks] strange tranny

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, <GremlinGTs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] strange tranny
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 23:34:44 -0500
Those old 5 speeds still only have a 1:1 in 5th gear (same as 3 or 4 speed
high gears), so the only thing you gain is more shifting to get there and
lower 1st gears....newer 5 speeds have 5th gear as OD.

Chevrolet had the "New Process" 5 speed available starting in '56, then
introduced "Clark" in '59 and "Spicer" in '62.  Don't know when GMC started
using Spicer.

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, Maryland