Re: [oletrucks] strange tranny

To: old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] strange tranny
From: john dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 19:49:08 -0500
GMC started using clarks and spicers way before chevy, but they had
bigger trucks also.
Some 5 speed overdrives were available in trucks with the bigger engines
(360's etc).
Most used the larger "Deisel" type bolt pattern though. My '52 has an
overdrive 5th gear, but theres no feasable way to put that tranny in a
pickup.  Actually it might be difficult just to haul that tranny in the
bed of a 3100!

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula FL