[oletrucks] GMC engines

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC engines
From: "Bob KNOTTS" <raknotts@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 01:11:41 -0700
Hi David. I don't have a GMC yet, but I'm doing a lot of research. If I end up
with a 248, I want to know what my options would be. And I definitely want to
stick with an inline six, even if (ouch!) I have to go with Chevy's 292. I
promise I won't go to a FXXXX 300. I just like old trucks and p-u's. My
original dream was to restore a 1950 or so GMC diesel log truck. But I have
Tinitis, and the blast of a "Jimmy" two cycle diesel would really set my ears
off. Plus I talked to one gent who has spent abt $40,000 restoring his big
GMC. Too much to spend on one hobby. I really like the GMC grille for the late
40's and early 50's. It just seems to have a lot of character. If I ended up
with a 270, I'd probably leave well enough alone. But I'd keep an inline 6. I
love the sound of the split manifold and dual pipes! Bob K in PHX