Re: [oletrucks] diff ratio - donor rear end

To: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] diff ratio - donor rear end
From: "G. L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:11:44 -0500
Not sure on 81, but later models have a sticker in glove box door maybe or
on firewall that has lots of 3letter codes for every option put on your
truck. Example: C60 = air conditioning and they have brake types, trim,
trans, rear, lots of stuff. You need to know the codes tho to understand
them. Most dealers will know them.
  I'm thinking maybe you are correct, that the VIN will give you some clue
to rear or at least the GVW option, thusly looking in specs for your year,
will give the ratio.

G. L. Perry