[oletrucks] 235 ENGINE, CARBURETOR QUESTION

To: "Oldchevytrucks (E-mail)" <old-chevy-truck@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: [oletrucks] 235 ENGINE, CARBURETOR QUESTION
From: Duff Karen ES-19 103 FW/EM <Karen.Duff@ctbrad.ang.af.mil>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 14:16:38 -0000
I have a 235 engine in my truck and i was wondering how to find out what
carburetor was originally on this thing...i bought an oil bath air cleaner
for my truck because someone told me i would be laughed at with the car type
air cleaner that was on there...so i ran right down the street and bought
the oil bath one, but it doesn't fit on my carburetor, there is no "throat"
on this one, what i mean is, that the oil bath needs an extended throat to
sit on and the one i have is flush...(ok, i know that makes absolutely no
sense, but i bet some of your bright guys out there will figure it out...)
Speaking of 235 engines, I know you guys are born with this information in
your brains, but us chics need some help, is there a book or manual that
speaks specifically about the 235 engine?? like what type of carburetor, and
fuel filters etc.....I know I can keep racking your brains, but that's sort
of like cheating, isn't it!?

Karen
53 3100