[oletrucks] Pigeon Forge TN Truck Shows

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Pigeon Forge TN Truck Shows
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 16:16:59 -0700 (PDT)
There were two separate Chevy/GMC truck shows in Pigeon Forge, TN last weekend.
 I met
up with Bill Gibson from this list and we went to both of them.  Maybe about 100
vehicles at each.  We found out that there were two shows because he went to
one and I
went to the other, and then we started trying to find each other via cell phone.

Lots of nice trucks but the most creative thing I saw was a guy who had an AD
truck who
had cut the Chevrolet script out of some 50s era small block vavle covers and
had welded
it in as a transition between the the running board and the side of the step
side bed on
both sides.  The truck was bright red and the script was white.  It was very
classy.  If
anyone wants a detail picture, I can send it to them.

I also went to the Street Machine event at Knoxville's Chilhowee Park that same
Saturday...must have been at least 1000 vehicles at that one...so I did three
separate
car shows in one day...wore me out!

That was the most show vehicles I had seen in one day since I accidentally
(honest!)
happened to attend a business conference at the same hotel that hosted Hot
August Nights
in Reno, NV.  We finished up as Hot August Nights was getting cranked up.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban
58 GMC NAPCO wideside pickup
Knoxville,TN