[oletrucks] LED panel lights

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] LED panel lights
From: "Dave" <kruc@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 00:29:36 -0600
I got a couple good leads when I asked about LED taillights last month.
Recently I've been wonder ing if I could replace all incandescent lights in
the truck with LEDs. (For the peanut gallery, no, not the headlights.)
Anyone done something like this yet? I was looking at the dome light and
thinking I could put a couple rows of LEDs in there. I've already put a blue
LED and 560 ohm resistor in parallel with the torque converter lockup, and
red ones in parallel across the brake lights. I did that when I had a loose
turn signal mechanism that wouldn't activate the brake lights if the lever
wasn't centered, later it also let me know I had an intermittent brake
switch. The high beam indicator and turn signal indicators would be easy to
rig up, but are the available LEDs bright enough to light the gauges and
deluxe heater panel? FWIW, I used a hole saw and cut openings in my panel
and replaced the stock gauges with 2 1/16" electric Autometer gauges. Yes, I
admit it. I'm a hacker.

Dave '57 3100