[oletrucks] axle seals

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] axle seals
From: "William Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 00:41:07 -0400
I'll start by admitting I did something wrong. I just don't know what!

I am putting my rear end back together and as I was installing the axle seal
the little springs that goes around the inside of the rubber seal came out.

I was using a bearing\seal installer (handle with big flat aluminum disc
attached)

I guess I hit it too hard. The worst thing is it happened on both sides. I
can't seem to force the springs back into the inside groove of the rubber.
Now I have to get a seal removing tool to get these out and get new ones. I
don't want to screw the new ones up.

Any suggestions?

Bill Schickling