[oletrucks] Help (Again) with newly installed 216 engine

To: "Ole Truckers" <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Help (Again) with newly installed 216 engine
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlubitz@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 04:29:37 -0600
Guys,

Well, it's all done.  The 216 has been completely rebuilt and is back in the
truck.  I be excited.

But . . . I am having two problems:

1.  There is no oil up at the rockers.  Before installing the engine I spun
the oil pump with an old distributor and drill motor  - lots of oil up top at
the rockers.  Now after peeking under the valve cover there was very little
oil.  This was after extensive turning over with the starter.  What could have
changed?

2.  I cannot get a spark from the coil.  I have a new battery and I have
checked the wiring a few times.  There is good spark at the points.  I have
verified that the distributor is in correctly.  There are 6 volts at the
positive side of the coil and 6 volts at the negative side of the coil.  The
points are gapped to .018.  I have tried changing out the 6 volt coil.  I have
tried two coils - the original one that worked before I swapped the engine and
one coil that is new.  I have checked the polarity reversing switch and there
are 6 volts at each of the two outer poles with a good ground in the center.
What do I do now?

I want to say, "thanks" again to all on this list who have helped me - I could
not have gotten this far without it.

Michael Lubitz
(512) 306-1681
'46 3/4 ton stock named, "Buddy"