Re: [oletrucks] Drop Axle

To: Steven Stuckmeyer <slstusmc@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Drop Axle
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:37:39 -0500
Steve,
   The front end of these ole trucks can't be lowered very economically,
most remove a couple of leaves for the spring pack but the ride is affected
this way. The dropped axle will allow the truck to be "lowered" by using
all the correct components and leaving everything stock. The actual drop of
the axle occurs at the bend where it goes upwards for the spindles. Wayne
DeMann on this list did this to his 56 GMC and here's a link to it..
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne/wayne56gmc.jpg

--wayne