Re: [oletrucks] Drop Axle

To: "harry draser" <hd12@gmx.de>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Drop Axle
From: wayne osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:42:49 -0500
I've seen instances where someone had taken a torch and heated the area
directly in front of the rear hanger causing the spring to bend and put a
bit of drop in it. Saw one where the spring was actually in contact with
the frame--scary stuff...  Someone may have heated yours to cause this.
To find out how much drop your axle has would involve knowing the
measurement of a stock axle and compare the beam to spindle distance
against yours. I personally don't know what stock was.. --wayne