Re: [oletrucks] Engine swap

To: "SCH \(OldSub\)" <Steve@oldsub.com>, <oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Engine swap
From: "K. M. Lehmann" <klehmann@bentonrea.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 00:44:37 -0800
Yes, the best way, I think on an AD is to use the '54 rear crossmember with
the V/8 or late model 6 bellhousing. This mount is shown on trucks up into
the '80's. Although I have seen, but have never done, conversions in the
earlier AD's using the tri-5 car bellhousing with angles used to adapt motor
mounts. The method I prefer is the aftermarket side mount on the engine and
mounting the trans to the original rear cross member, which can be moved
forward approx 3" by removing the plates between the crossmember and the
frame, or use the aftermarket crossmember, and using a later model stock
trans mount, this way the bellhousing crossmember is removed and not used.
Lee