[oletrucks] Can You ID This Part?

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Can You ID This Part?
From: "Williams Grant Civ Det 2, 412 AMXS/MXA2T"
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 13:58:28 +0100
Yesterday I sent the following email out trying to ID the part mentioned.
Unfortunately the picture didn't make it but the good news is that Wayne has
hosted the picture on the chevy trucks site at
http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/part.jpg
<http://www.chevytrucks.org/temp/part.jpg>

The part belongs on my 50 GMC/Chevy but I can't remember what it's for. I'm
positive it's from this truck. It is one of the parts I took off, cleaned
up, and painted. BTW, there are two of these so must be one for each side.
The truck is about 75% back together and I haven't run into a need for the
part yet. I'd sure hate to take stuff apart to get this were it needs to be.
But what the heck are they for? Any one recognize this part?

Grant

50 GMC

45 Burb