[oletrucks] power steering pump

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] power steering pump
From: "Tom Cooper" <tntcoop@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 06:26:14 -0400
I have a power steering pump that possibly came off of a 305 that was in
the 81 Camaro that I used the front end from. My question is does anyone
know if the pump from a 305 and a 350 are the same?
My main question is how does the pulley come off of the pump? I saw
another pump and it looked like it may come off with a puller, but so
far that hasn't worked very well. On the pump I have the shaft is
threaded down the center and it looks like it is made for a allen head
wrench. I will eventually get a new pump, I am using this one to mock up
my belts, pullys, and brackets.. Any pictures of a power steering pump
and alternator on a 350 would be some help.   Thanks for the help....
                Tom in SC