RE: [oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs part 3

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs part 3
From: K Ohlgren <kjohlgren@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 04:41:54 +0000
you gotta love the new and improved hotmail. i type, i post and when i see my
posts on the forum it's a jumble of text.
like this post will be..Kurt 58 3100 Apache project the "Duracell Project" it
keeps going... and going...When I die, i want to go asleep and peaceful, not
screaming and freaking out like everyone else in the car.> From:
kjohlgren@hotmail.com> To: kremerrak@aol.com; oletrucks@autox.team.net> CC:
rckcar@dejazzd.com> Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs part 3> Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2008 04:38:55 +0000> > rust is holding them there. hammer the heck
out of them. beat them to death,> both pins are tapered, but the holes they go
into are not, so they get wedged> in pretty tight. you need to change the
shackles when you re-spring them any> how. shackle kits are cheap and come
with new pins and grease zerks.Kurt 58> 3100 Apache project the "Duracell
From: KremerRAK@aol.com> Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008> 22:29:52 -0500> Subject:
[oletrucks] Rear Leaf Springs part 3> To:> oletrucks@autox.team.net> CC:
Rckcar@dejazzd.com> > To the all wise and> knowing list,> > Once again, I find
myself in need of the knowledge you guys> have. My 58 > panel is in need of
new rear leafs. A local shop will rebuild> the existing ones > but I can't get
them off. The front pins came out okay.> The rear shackles > are giving me
fits. I have been told that these should> have threaded > bushings. I was able
to remove inside and outside nuts from> both the top and the > bottom of the
shackle. I have not been able to pry one> side of the shackle > off. Since I
have a bad habit of breaking bolts off, I> figured it was best to > ask first.
> > Please let me know if there are any> tricks that can be applied to taking
the > shackles off of the rear of the> leaf springs.> > Once the springs are
replaced and the turn signals re-wired,> it is off to > the inspection
station. I can't wait!> > Thanks again. > > Rick> Kremer> > 54 5 window> 58
Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give.>
http://im.live.com/Messenger/IM/Home/?source=text_hotmail_join> > oletrucks is
devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959> > Your messages
not reaching the list?> Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html> > === Help
keep Team.Net on the air> === http://www.team.net/donate.html> > ===
http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool> === Other lists available at> ===