rolls-bentley

Doorjamb switches

To: rolls-bentley@autox.team.net, Rolls-Royce@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Doorjamb switches
From: "William 'Chip' Lamb" <chip@wmsbrg.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 20:20:28 -0500
After rebuilding the ones on my '66 Shadow, everything is perfect. Lights
come on, suspension switches switch over, bingo.

Don't replace - rebuild. Send them to me if you don't have little
screwdrivers and W|rth Oel/Kontakt 61 to lube and protect against
corrosion. Well you'll need the little screwdrivers to release the wires,
so I guess it's all downhill from there. I even made new gaskets from some
good soft rubber I had around. The little sliding contact and the two power
transferring contacts get very dry and the latter get dicey without the
spray contact cleaning oil.

I wonder what they want for new ones? Yeesh.

mailto:chip@wmsbrg.com - all I know are Shadow switches at this point -
never had a problem with them before but that was years ago.

Chip
66SS SRX1248

Cheers-

William "Chip" Lamb