rolls-bentley

Parts interchange du jour

To: techtalk@rroc.org
Subject: Parts interchange du jour
From: "William 'Chip' Lamb" <chip@wmsbrg.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 18:27:06 -0400
Early Silver Shadow bypass hose - this is the one from the pipe attached to
the t-stat housing bolt (water pump) to overflow tank above radiator -
1966-? - Carquest (Gates) 19219, cut off 3/4" diameter portion and it's a
perfect fit with moulded curve.

Seeing as how Genuine Crewe lower radiator hose for early Shadow fits only
on a wing and a prayer, it's nice to know interchanges since who knows how
far off the others are. I know - it's not Albers' fault - and God Bless
Bentley for keeping things sort of active.

Save these. I know one of us has a budding interchange sheet. It needs to
grow. What I did with my old interchange sheet for the 1970s cars I wish I
knew, I'd share them with the group, perhaps they are hiding with my
factory manual set in the ether somewhere.

SRX1248 - with its first replacement thermostat in 39 years - yikes.
Cheers-

William "Chip" Lamb
West of Sweden SAAB
Richmond, VA.