Re: floor paint

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: floor paint
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 1996 02:14:52 -0500
Chris asks for brand suggestions

  I have used Fuller O'brien Amerlock paint and have been happy
with it so far. It is a 2 part epoxy paint that is supposed to have
been used on off shore drilling rigs and according to the sales
pitch I got, can even be painted over damp metal.
  The paint has withstood parked cars, dropped tools, creepers
all sorts of chemicals and things being dragged on it. The only
thing that has actually bothered the finish is things which have been dragged
across it. The surface will scratch and after a year
the area in front of my bench has become dull. Dragging a Tr
block across it did put a gouge in the paint down to the concrete,
but the paint did not peel or flake around the gouge.
  Now for the down side...
  It is expensive 1 gal of paint and 1 of hardener = $100 and does
about 300 sq feet (not enough for a 2 car garage). I spent 2
nights on my knees scrubing the floor with a brush to make sure
it was clean. You only have about 1 hour to paint before the stuff
sets up (mix a small batch to do the edges then mix the rest and
go for it). It really smells.

                                                       Just Strokin'
                                                           nick