Shop floors, was Re: Shop heaters

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Shop floors, was Re: Shop heaters
From: Chris Meier <ChrisM@pptvision.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 96 11:46:00 PST
Does anyone know loading properties of the stuff shown on those
home shows?  On an existing floor, you put down the tubing and a
lightweight layer of a concrete like substance (haven't seen this on
a show for probably a year, so the details are vague), then you can
add a final flooring layer (typically tile).  Could this kind of thing work
in an existing garage?  Like Phil, I have a similar issue, existing 2 car
garage, only mine is attatched, and the stalls I want to add would be
on the front end (double deep), so the future shop floor is already
in place.  I'm wondering if the material used (or something similar)
in the house can also be used on top of an existing concrete floor
in the garage (potential higher loads per sq inch, exposure to various
spillable substances).

My timeframe for adding to the garage is before September of this
year.  I will research this stuff if someone hasn't already, but it won't
be for a while yet.

Chris

I realize that you have to think about this before construction, but an
autocrosser (are you on this list, Don?) swears by the heated concrete
floor.

... much about Phil's situation deleted (sorry Phil :-) )...

Dreaming in Saint Paul.

Phil Ethier <ethier@freenet.msp.mn.us>