Re: Shop heaters

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shop heaters
From: Steve Obert <sobert@snet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 1996 14:21:54 -0500
I have a greenhouse that we built with a heated floor.  The effect is very
nice but, the response time is a problem.  Once the floor is hot it stays
hot for quite a while ( even after the sun is out and the room gets too hot
) this shouldn't be a problem with a garage.  The material used in my floor
is called solar roll.  The floor in my greenhouse is good thick concrete
probably suitable for a garage floor.  The only weak point is the mixing
valve.  The water needs to constantly circulate through the floor and should
be a constant temperature.  The mixing valve is controlled by the thermostat
and controls the temperature of the water being circulated.  The valve has
gotten sticky after many years and sometimes sticks causing the room to be
too hot or too cold.