Re: Air compressors

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air compressors
From: jwbeckmeye@orion.branch-co.lib.mi.us
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 1996 11:08:22 -0400
Tom,

FWIW, I am using the Devilbiss (or however it is spelled) that I purchased
from Lowes.  4hp-20 gal tank.

For *most* of the work I do, the compressor is adequate--impact wrench, air
wratchet, air hammer...things like that.  However, when doing jobs that
require extended use, such as sanding or cutting, I find that I spend a lot
of time waiting around for the pressure to build up.

If I were to do it again, I would lay out some more $$$ and just go ahead
and buy one of those 60 gal vertical tank jobs that I've seen around...with
a larger motor.

As an aside, one of the most frequent mistakes I make when buying tools is
trying to "save money" by buying a lower capacity or rated unit.
Consequently, I end up two tools...one that I use and the cheap one that
sits in a box in the corner of the garage.

Anyone want to buy some junk air tools?

Best regards,
Jim Beckmeyer
Union CIty, MI
90 Jaguar Sovereign
60 Jaguar MK II (under restoration...year 1 of 3)

jwbeckmeye@orion.branch-co.lib.mi.us