Lifting a car

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Lifting a car
From: Gaetan Corneau <gaetanc@berclain.com>
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 14:29:26 -0400
Hello!

I'm looking for a good way (safe, practical and cheap) to lift my car.

My garage is 16'x22', the ceiling is about 10' high. I want to lift my car
as high as possible (but 3 feet would be OK). Solutions I can't use:

-buy a lift (too expensive, garage too small)
-ramps (where do I put those when I'm not using them?)
-pit (garage is already built, and the pit would always be "full" of water,
since garage is near a river).

So, what could I do? I'm not a mechanic, so I don't have seen many "vehicle
elevation devices" in my life.

Any suggestion welcome!

-G-
"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers".