Re: Carrol Smith was right!

To: "Jack L. Poller" <poller@netscape.com>,
Subject: Re: Carrol Smith was right!
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 17:04:10 -0400
At 11:03 AM 6/19/96 -0700, Jack L. Poller wrote:
>About a month ago, the friendly brown UPS truck delivered another
>package of toys.  This time, the toys were from Harbor Freight, and
>included a 12-Ton shop press.

Did you get the A frame or the streight one?  I've been looking at
them for several years.  Only right now I don't have the floor space
in the shop for one.  Once I get the Brick chassis back together and
the body back on the chassis, I might try to get one.  Been trying
to talk a neighbor into going 1/2s on one.  The first one to move must
sell out!

>In to the press went the second axle, and as soon as the pressure was
>applied, BOOM.  It was all I could do to keep the entire press from
>falling onto the race car.
>
>The bolts at the bottom of the press -- they both hold the base and
>prevent the legs of the press from spreading -- snapped.  These bolts
>were loaded primarily in tension, but have the weight of the press
>at the top of the press are unmarked (grade 2 or lower), and seem ok.

Any other comments other than the bolts?  I'm real interested.

John
John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!