Re: Buffing Machines

To: Gil Fuqua <gfuqua@corpcomminc.com>, shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Buffing Machines
From: jblair@exis.net (John T. Blair)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 19:11:22 -0400
At 08:59 AM 6/20/96 -0500, Gil Fuqua wrote:

> I currently have a small 1/3 hp buffing machine and have found it to
> be too small for the larger items I have recently tackled.  It bogs
> down too easily and gets very hot after running for 20-30 minutes
> and longer.  I am looking at the Baldor 3/4 hp and 1 1/2 hp buffers
> like those sold through Eastwood and TIP.

     [snip]

> The 3/4 hp machine sells for about $295 and the 1 1/2 hp machine is
> about $375.  For the difference, the 1 1/2 hp machine seems the > better
buy.  Any recommendations on whether the 3/4 hp machine is
> adequate, or whether the 1 1/2 hp machine is worth the difference?

Don't know much about those machines - they cost too much.  I got
a spindle on a pedistal that mounts to a table,  then through on
any old motor, and for about $15, I've got a buffer and a wire wheel.

John

John T. Blair  WA4OHZ          email:  jblair@nhr.com

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire

The one with the most toys, wins!