RE: Electrics + Genius = Not !

To: "Jon N. LeChevet" <lechevet@worldweb.net>
Subject: RE: Electrics + Genius = Not !
From: Mark Miller <markm@tutsys.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 09:44:51 -0700
I never thought of that, Jon, obviously you know a hell of a lot more
about it than I do (a little knowledge is a dangerous thing).  But now, if
others will bear with me, I'd like to indulge my curiosity.  I am 99% sure
my dryer has a three prong plug.  So does my electric stove.  Certainly,
each has 110 v circuits for things like the lights, so the three prongs
must be 110, 110, and neutral.  Neither appliance has a separate ground.

Other possibilities are:
there is a transformer in the dryer to run the lights
or they are using a 220V bulb.

As far as I know building code says that you must have a ground, so there
wouldn't be a neutral on a 3 wire interface.
I'm curious to hear more!