Re: Transmission Jacks

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net, Ron Madurski <rmadursk@galaxy.galstar.com>
Subject: Re: Transmission Jacks
From: BBRANDT@TCMAIL.FRCO.COM
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 15:34:53 -0500
     Ron writes;
     snip
 It looks like all I need to do is adjust the bed? to fit the size of
the tranny and sling the chain over the top to secure it.
     snip

Based on my past experience you have the essence of the thing. The last
dedicated transmission jack I used had adjustable threaded fingers that you
turned until they made good contact with the tranny and then had a "safety
strap" that went aroung the tranny to keep it from falling off if you bumped it.
This particular unit was designed like a big scissors jack on wheels and was
designed for large truck trannys.

Regards,
Bruce Brandt
bbrandt@tcmail.frco.com