Re: Radiant Heat in shop floor

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Radiant Heat in shop floor
From: LSAPEX@aol.com
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 1996 12:14:39 -0400
<< Henry Frye wrote:

 > Here in New England, it's gets cold.  I am going to use a wood stove to
 > heat the shop, and I am seriously considering putting some sort of
 > radiant heat in the floor. >>

The systems today are far superior than what was used in the 50's.
The advantage would be you could concentrate the heat where you work.
The down side is, what about freezing? I am not sure they have a system with
antifreeze flowing in the system. (not in houses anyway) Would the system
have to be on all winter? I am not sure, but I think a lighter weight
concrete is used?
Have you considered infrared heat?

Les.