Wire size for feed to sub-panel

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Wire size for feed to sub-panel
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 1996 10:08:51 -0500
Greetings all.

I am putting an electrical service to my shop and am looking for another
opinion.

I am running a 60 amp, 220 volt service.  I would like to run a 100 amp
service, but I only have a 100 amps coming to the house.

I need to go 105 feet from the house panel to the new sub-panel.  I will
be going underground for about 75 feet.

I was planning on using #2 copper wire to feed the sub-panel, coming off
a dpdt 60 amp breaker in the house panel.

Overkill on the wire size?  Does the ground _and_ neutral need to be #2
as well as the hots?

I would like to have the house upgraded to a 200 amp service someday.
Could I put a use the #2 copper with a 100 amp breaker without concern?

Also, what size conduit do I need to run 4 #2 wires?

Henry "I really do know what I am doing, but you would never know by
reading this post" Frye
thefryes@iconn.net