Re: Auto Darkening shades for welding helmet

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auto Darkening shades for welding helmet
From: ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov (Peter Schauss x 2014)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 1996 09:15:52 -0500

> >   Where did you get you Auto Darkening shade for you helmet?  I've
> > called around here and the start at about $180.  I'd sure like to
> > get on though.

When I went to my local welding shop to refill the tank for my MIG welder,
I found that they had the auto darkening helmets, complete, for $140.
The guy there said that the prices have come down substantially in the
last year or so.  Also, he said that he thought that the auto darkening
lenses where just a bit lighter than their rated values and recommended
and 11 in place of a 10.

I am hoping to use mine a bit this weekend and will post my reactions
to the unit.

Peter Schauss
ps4330@okc01.rb.jccbi.gov
pschauss@aol.com