Air compressors yet again.

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Air compressors yet again.
From: drew@pixar.com
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 1996 09:37:35 -0800
Hi all,

Home Depot is selling a Cambell Hausfeld portable air compressor which looks
like a pretty good deal to me and I was wondering what other people thought.
It's rated at 6.5 hp, has a 26 gal tank and puts out 10.1 scfm per minute
at 90 psi. The price is $377.

I've know that a lot of manufactures are being a bit creative when listing
the hp rating so what I've been looking at to compare compressors if the
scfm @ 90 psi. Most things which I read say that 10 scfm will satisfy the
requirements for most tools.

I know I can get a larger tank if I go for an upright unit but I I want to
stick with a portable unit.

So does anyone have any opinions one way or the other on this setup?

Drew

--
Drew Rogge
drew@pixar.com