Engine rebuilding advice needed

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Engine rebuilding advice needed
From: DAVES2UP@aol.com
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 15:52:40 -0500
I have a 1979 Mg Midget that I would like to "beef" up the motor a bit.I'm
thinking about  getting a few performance parts like Weber DOCE carb.,Roller
Rockers,a performance cam,Duel Point Distributor(recommended to use with the
Weber), and Monza Header and Exhaust.Now these parts are basically " bolt-on"
performance parts,which is good because I would preffer to avoid any major
engine work like, boring or milling the head or changing valves.Anyway my
concern is according to my catalogs I should rebuild my engine because these
parts will increase any weak links in the engine.I just cannot decide if I
should rebuild because the car only has 20,000 original miles on it because
it sat in my garage for about 7 or 8 years and didn't move.The exterior parts
were effected by weather like dry rotting and a little rust but do you think
the motor is OK? It has run since and pretty well I must say,but I want to
get an opinion on that engine. Thanks for listening and please if anyone can
help please do.
DAVES2UP@AOL.com