torque

To: shop-talk@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: torque
From: dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us (Dave Williams)
Date: Sat, 08 Feb 1997 10:55:00 -0500
-> Are you sure its really only 7-12 inch pounds?  We've got three 1/4"
-> drive beam-type torque wrenches in the lab (one's a Sears

 You're not measuring a fastener, you're measuring how tight the bearing
is.  When properly assembled the bearing is no longer loose; the rollers
and races are deformed very slightly with preload.  You know when it's
preloaded properly when it takes 7-12 inch pounds to turn the shaft.

====dave.williams@chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==