RE: Torch or MIG

To: "dshook@usc.edu" <dshook@usc.edu>
Subject: RE: Torch or MIG
From: Mark Miller <markm@tutsys.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 09:39:31 -0700
<<one  thing that I would suggest ( which I did not do ) is go to a =
local
welding shop, explain to them what you are planning to do and what your
limitations are (circuit capacity ... ) and find out what system they
suggest.  You might end up paying a bit more for your welding setup, but
you will be less likely to buy the wrong system.>>>

I'd take that one step further and go to a tool rental shop and get one =
for a day or two and play with it.  local shops here rent them for under =
$50.  Also not a bad way to go if you don't think it will be used that =
often.

Mark Miller